Love you all my social-media friends. We just launched a kickstarter campaign on December 7th. We are trying to raise funds so that we can print the first issue of this not-for-profit, and freely distributed Japanese-English bilingual magazine.
Dear friends. I need your help. Spread the word about a Japanese-English bilingual magazine in Boston. Thx for support bit.ly/imabos
— Daigo Fujiwara (@DaigoFuji) December 7, 2012
That tweet above got retweeted by 28 people. That has to be a record for me. We also were mentioned by one of my favorite blog: Japanese-American in Boston. As of SUnday morning, we are up to 28% of our goal, 21 days to go. This is really really nerve-racking and super exciting at the same time.
So help us unite the Japanese community in Boston. At this point of the game, I would rather you tell ten people who may be interested, than give us ten bucks. (I mean, we will gladly humbly accept your ten bucks, too ;) )
Thank you for your help. Let’s make this a successful campaign, and I will do my best to produce a magazine that lives up to everyone’s expectations.
I been tweeting nonsense since May 19, 2007 (such long time ago, can you believe that?). I put weekly digests of my tweets on this blog, so that I can search for it quicker using my blog’s search function. I tweet awfully a lot about baseball (I am a Red Sox fan, if you didn’t notice), but if you are interested, please follow me at @DaigoFuji. Here are my tweets for the week:
- @billyjapan Yes, please help spread the word! http://t.co/stHRfxQV in reply to billyjapan 18:43:58, 2012-12-07
- Help us launch Boston's first Japanese-English bilingual magazine. Thank you our 14 backers! Have 85% to go in 23 days! http://t.co/fOMHq2nI 17:57:09, 2012-12-07
- Wow, just 1 day into our fundraising, we have 14 backers and 15% funded, but long to go… Thanks for all your support & help spread the word! 17:56:24, 2012-12-07
- Just reading twitter/facebook updates from people's reaction to the earthquake that hit Japan about three hours ago. I hope everyone is OK. 07:50:03, 2012-12-07
- Does Boston need a not-for-profit, free Japanese-English bilingual magazine? I'd say yes. Would you? http://t.co/Qo4kaasg #Boston 23:36:06, 2012-12-06
- Oh, and welcome to Boston @TeamUehara! We are super excited to have you! #RedSox 22:25:30, 2012-12-06
- Dear friends. I need your help. Spread the word about a Japanese-English bilingual magazine in Boston. Thx for support http://t.co/lSLF6kie 21:53:55, 2012-12-06
- If he does go to the Yankees, what you hear from me is "Booooooooo" and Not "Yooooouuuu(k)." #RedSox 13:08:29, 2012-12-06
- Dear friends. I will have big announcement this weekend & will have to ask for your help. It's nerve-racking & exciting. Stay tuned. 07:14:14, 2012-11-30
- You know what tomorrow is? International Sweater Vestival! You can count on me for wearing a vest. http://t.co/U1agtvY9 #vestival @vestival 16:55:17, 2012-11-29
- Japan's Nikkan Sports reporting Ichiro is to agree to 1 year $5 million deal w/incentives to the New York #Yankees. http://t.co/l8VI4acn 07:55:15, 2012-11-27